The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) Athletics program is excited to announce the launch of the online registration program for the upcoming Spring sports season through the myMCPS Parent Portal. The portal will officially open on Thursday, February 1st at 7:30am and will feature registration for all high school interscholastic athletic teams. The myMCPS Parent Portal is a secure, user-friendly online registration platform designed to provide a convenient registration process for our students and parents/guardians. Additionally, the portal will help MCPS Athletics become more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible.
Information for Registration
To begin, in order to register and access online registration, parents/guardians must confirm their login information to the myMCPS Parent Portal. myMCPS login information was mailed home for all students. Parents/guardians who need login information for the portal should contact Kate King @Kathryn_L_king@mcpsmd.org. Parents/guardians can find support materials for using the myMCPS Parent Portal at http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/mymcps-classroom/.
During registration, parents/guardians will need to verify information about the student-athlete’s medical providers, health insurance, health history, immunizations, physical exams and medications. MCPS Form SR-8, Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation for Athletics must be completed prior to student participation in tryouts and practices. Parent/guardians can provide a hard copy to the athletic director OR upload the Clearance Page.
Registration for spring sports should be completed by February 27th. The first day of tryouts/practices for Spring sports is March 1 2018.
Registration Quick Tips
Step 1: Open the Athletic Registration Application from the myMCPS Parent Portal
- Chrome is the recommended internet browser
- The athletics registration platform is not yet fully user friendly with a cell phone
Step 2: Review the instructions for completing Athletic Registration forms
- Directions are also available on the MCPS Athletics website.
Step 3: Complete the Athletic Registration Forms
- Contact the student’s school to update demographic information in student-athletes record if incorrect information is displayed
Step 4: Review and Submit Athletic Registration Forms
- Parent/guardians should print or save a Submission Confirmation page for their records
- Student-athletes should submit a hard copy of the Physical Clearance Form to their respective coach or athletic director, only IF the form was not uploaded electronically during the online registration process.