Required Forms for Student Participation in Athletics
Students must complete and submit the following forms prior to participating in practices or tryouts.
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8) – The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year (for high school athletes) and two years (for middle school athletes) from the date of the exam, and covers participation for all sports within that time period. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Required Forms Packet – This PDF contains all of the forms listed individually below that are necessary to participate in practices or tryouts.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) –This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Student-Parent Participation Contract and Parent Permission Form (for High School) – The form includes information that student-athletes and parents are required to review, including reference to the Health/Safety section of the MCPS Athletics website. This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
Required Concussion, Baseline Testing, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Forms
Please refer to the Concussion, Baseline Testing, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Parent packet available in the Health and Safety Section.
- Consent Form ImPact Baseline Concussion Testing – All student-athletes must undergo baseline testing at least once every two years. This form is required for taking a baseline test.
- MSDE Concussion Awareness and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Awareness Parent/Student-Athlete Acknowledgement Statement – This form indicates that the parent and student-athlete have received information regarding concussions and sudden cardiac arrest.
- MSDE Pre-participation Head Injury/Concussion Reporting Form for Extracurricular Activities – This form indicates whether the student has previously suffered a concussion.
Additional Forms for Students
- Graduated Return to Play Form
- MSDE Medical Clearance Form
- Student Accident Coverage Plan
- ECA Fee – Students who are selected to participate on MCPS athletic teams must pay an extracurricular activities fee prior to competing in the first contest. The ECA fee is $32.50 per year and covers all extracurricular activities for the year. Information is sent home to students during the summer. ECA fees can be paid online by credit card on the MCPS website. Additional questions should be directed to ECA@mcpsmd.org or call the ECA Office at 301-517-5000.
- Parent/Guardian Approval For Trips (Transportation Form) (MCPS Form 560-31) – This form is only applicable whenever students are transported to games in cars. The coach of the team will provide this form if it is necessary for that sport.
- *Proof of Medical Insurance – This form is only required for football.
- *Wrestling Weight Certification Permission Form – additional details about the wrestling certification process are available on the Wrestling page